View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 PM
popularbelief420
PPCGeeks Regular

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420
Re: Rom upgrade questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepink View Post
Ok, so here's what I did: ran mighty rom and let it sit. sat at 0% for around 7-8 minutes, then errored out with a communication error. stopped everything and tried to synch. same error. tried rom again same error but quicker. tried a synch again, same error. (mind you, no synch errors prior). Tried one last time and got to 100% in about 15 seconds. phone no change, except new problem of can't synch.

decided to see if another rom would load <maybe narrow down that I was doing something wrong> Tried CFay's rom and that worked. it finished fine and seems to be up. reinstalled my apps and synched ok. only problem I see is the work app I use, which I'm assuming is just a connection to a database will not display properly and errors out when trying to update it.

I'll try again tomorrow. I don't like the errors.

thanks again to all who helped. I'll post when more progress is made.
when you get one of those errors ( which i have seen before).> hit NEXT until it finishes.> disconnect your phone from pc.>pull battery. wait 60 seconds.> try a new usb port.> sync it.> attempt rom again.>
this has happened to my g/f's Diamond twice when reflashing.