Herules
Lurker
Threadstarter

Herules is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
The 6800 lags far behind the 6700 at the current time in terms of a stable driver set. It's no surprise, really--it took almost two years for the Apache to get the great drivers it has now. The 6800 is new and HTC is still working the bugs out.

There are custom ROMs and kitchens for the 6800 but without good drivers the device is not all it can be. Will it get there? I hope so. As much as we are able to do with these devices we are limited by the fact that we can't write drivers, and drivers are the foundation of these things. We can craft a really excellent kitchen but the device will still suck if its drivers aren't sound--akin to building a mansion on landfill.

I have both a 6800 and a 6700--and I far and away prefer the 6700 because it is mature at this point. HTC finally got the bugs worked out of the driver set and as a result our kitchens and custom ROMs result in a truly stable device (for the most part). The 6800 isn't there yet, and it will only get there if HTC keeps developing ROMs for it long enough to work out all the bugs.

My 2 cents, anyway.
Thanks for the input, I do not want to upgrade to something that is newer but not able to install custom ROMs that work well, as I thought I will likely stick with the xv6700.