Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
djsmooth56
Lurker

djsmooth56 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Email Set-up with Droid

I have been trying to research this with no luck so here goes:

My small company uses Godaddy.com's webmail (email.secureserver.net) for our e-mail services. My work PC has outlook 2007 set up to pull (and delete) messages from the godaddy server via pop/smtp. We have a limited amount of space on godaddy (50mb) so I elected to have outlook delete the mail as it is downloaded to avoid maxing out my space. For the past 2 years, I have had a vx6800 with verizon wireless sync on my pc to monitor my outlook and duplicate it on my phone. This has worked great because everything I do on my phone is duplicated on the pc and vice versa (only a few limited issues that seemed to be glitches in the system).

Here is my question:
Since getting the droid last week, I have been unable to duplicate this e-mail set-up. I found a way to have my godaddy account forwarded to gmail, but it takes a long time for the mail to get to me and once it is on the droid, it is not duplicated on my pc so there is a lot of double e-mails, no log of the sent items, none of my file folders from outlook, etc. I really like the other functions of the Droid, but this e-mail situation is killing me. I am really considering going back to a wm based phone like the htc imagio. any anyone help me out with this e-mail problem? If you could provide detailed info as to how to set up the e-mail on the droid that would be excellent.

Thanks in advanced.