View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
freeza
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Difference between ROMs?

Your best bet is probably to cook your own ROM with a kitchen of your choice (Calkulin's is my personal fav) because I don't think anyone sticks to the stock ROM.

I was looking for a ROM as close to stock as possible without any of the Sprint apps, but all the ROMs i've tried either include 6.5 (which is OK, but prefer 6.1 for now) OR include apps like google maps and others which get updated frequently meaning you'll either have to install your own version overwriting the one in ROM (taking up memory) OR wait for the cook to update their ROM.

My original Touch Pro ROM included:
-barebones 6.1 with very few HTC included programs that don't get updated often (not including TF3D)

Then from there I installed TF3D separately so that I could easily uninstall/write over files. It was a flawless setup, because virtually EVERYTHING was uninstallable and not in ROM, and the problem with a lot of ROMs that want to include everything and be a "usable out of the box" setup is that you get a bunch of BS you either don't want, or that's resting in ROM so when you want to uninstall them, you can't. Updating them writes new copies to memory instead of overwriting like it should (since it can't because of being in ROM)

/RANT

Last edited by freeza; 11-30-2009 at 01:05 AM.