wicked_wick
Lurker

wicked_wick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canospinach View Post
PRL is a Preferred Roaming List.

Simply this tells the phone which are the preferred cell sites to use on the network for best quality service performance.

Signal Strength meters are considered "Dummy" meters meaning they are far from accurate and should not be used as a way to gauge real life coverage.

PRLs are updated regularly as the physical network changes and evolves. As for ROM lockup issues, try your phone prior to any 3rd party apps and see if it still locks up. Even a good ROM can have an issue when apps are thrown into the mix. People want to blame the "Radio" or the "PRL" for lockup/ROM issues and in reality its more than likely the apps placed on the device.
I had many problems with roaming and multiple texts after updating to 60611. And I don't believe it has anything to do with 3rd party apps. I did a hard reset, updated to 60611 and the multiple texts started happening. All on a clean install.

Did another hard reset and went back to 60610 and the problem went away. As of right now, I'm actually using PRL 20229. It seems to work best for me since I'm roaming a lot during the day.