View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Maan76
Halfway to VIP Status

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Best and fastest web browsers for TP2

I have been comaring and looking into the settings and tweaks of various web browsers , and the winners for the touch pro 2 are pretty famous and you guys all know about them.

the Best one by far , and with no or little competition is the opera mini v 4.2,it is a proxy browser that is so fast and it is giving me the highest speed test numbers even when compared to 9.7 (which is using the same proxy) it is light on the memory , no high ram use , and the unique thing is that it is the only proxy browser that ask you for the level of picture compression and quality, so you can get good quality picture with proxy/cpmpression, not like opera 10 and 9.7 in which you can not control the picture quality (see below).

the second after the 4.2 mini is the opera 9.7 v 35461 which is one of the final versions of 9.7 and it is not a beta , the zoombar enabled by default and works by opera mini proxy (more commonly known turbo mode) but the bad thing is that on turbo mode it does not save your passwords and it REALLY COMPERES THE PICTURES BADLY .

I looked into the settings of my opera 9.7 through registry , and it does have the option to change the picture quality in the proxy turbo mode. but once you change it , it goes back to 2 which is fairly high and really make the phone which has this strong high resolution's screen looks bad.

If any of our genius moderators can make some tweak though registry to keep the original picture quality , or set the compression to level 1 ( quality to 3 ) then you will have an opera mini , in the drees of opera 9.7.

if anybody can help and wants more details ...feel free to contact me . we are community helping each other and creating something new .

new releases:

added 12/9/2009
Skyfire 1.5 is to be added to the game

advantages : built in flash player (still slow in Utube) but : it is FLASH PLAYER.

speed : not as fast as opera mini .

others

opera 5 Beta 2 , it is big jump , the fastest (as fast as the 4.2 ) plus a finger friendly UI.

Last edited by Maan76; 12-09-2009 at 06:44 PM.