View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow My Holy Grail of TP2 hack-question... Wifi Networking with PS3???

Hey guys (and gals? lol)

I know this question has been asked before, and on several forums I have been told it wasn't possible due to a non-supportive Ad-Hoc capability within the Wii (and I think PS3 as well), but that was a while ago, and I know firmware changes happen often, as well as the ongoing hacking and programming from the legions of tech-savvy wizards out there - so I thought I'd ask again.

I do not have true internet service at my home, because I have been using my TP1 for a long time to tether to my machines, but as I have chronicled in the TP1 sub-forum over the past couple weeks, I am being upgraded to a TP2 from the TP1, it's already in the mail according to FedEx tracking...

I'm trying to share my Verizon TP2's Internet connection, through a WiFi hotspot/access point sharing, with the PS3. I have heard of WalkingHotSpot, and another similar program (WMWIFIrouter), but I am unsure if they convert the WiFi signal into an Ad-Hoc connection, and if there is ANY WAY to get the Ad-Hoc to play nice with the PS3, so I can take advantage of all the on-line benefits of the console? (*I've NEVER had, or played a PS3... I JUST BOUGHT ONE YESTERDAY, and I'm so excited about it, but I want to get the full-use advantage from it as well - which means internet)

Does anyone know of a remedy to this problem I'm sure a lot of people face? If not a quick 1-2 solution with a WiFi broadcasting software... what about something like: Hook my phone up to my laptop, turn my laptops (WindowsXP) internet connection sharing ON, and run an ethernet cable from my laptop to the back of my PS3?

Or... Option 3: If WiFi hotspot broadcasting AND Internet Connection Sharing (above) don't work... could I do TP2 -> Laptop -> Wireless Access Point -> Sends out WiFi Signal -> Masks the fact it is an Ad-Hoc -> PS3 online (using something like this: http://cnettv.cnet.com/make-your-lap..._53-28619.html)!! (?)

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

PS: Doesn't HTC have their own, hopefully now stable, TP2 Internet Hotspot Sharing software that is free (well, free with their $600 phone)?

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 11-29-2009 at 10:02 AM.