N00b
Threadstarter

sniggle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lock up in the middle of the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
In my experience with this phone, I would NOT trust it for ANY mission critical applications. Personal and light business use is fine. However, if I had a need for emergency contact I would keep a simple, conventional "dumb" phone. Smart phones are great but still seem a bit to new to fully trust imho.

Personally, I am worried about the day I face an emergency and have to dial 911. Will my phone get stuck drawing the keypad? Will it be frozen and I have to softreset (thus waiting 2 minutes?)? Like I said, I've already started off loading mission critical stuff to other device. I DO use my phone as my "backup" alarm. IE my main alarm clock is set for one time, and this one set for 5 minutes later but even then, I am Leary of it working properly.

Cautions aside, I really DO love this phone!
Yeah this is the truth. Windows Mobile really is a pile and it's amazing what we all put up with to be able to tweak to our hearts content.

The stock rom is probably a good idea but even if that fixes it I won't want the phone. The only reason I chose it is to be able to tweak it and put whatever rom I want on it. This is not to say I'm running all sorts of stuff that would make it unstable since it never does lock up during the day.

I keep my phone on the carpeted floor next to my bed so it can vibrate from emails and not wake me up but I can hear it ringing easily. I suppose the back of it could be getting too warm while charging which is why I think I'll try never charging it overnight anymore.

Thanks for all your suggestions!