View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lag is making me crazy!!

I've had the Imagio now since it came out. Overall I really like the phone. The size, Worldphone, the "look" etc. all work well for me. But, the problem is that the lag that builds up on this phone is driving me nuts. Nuts, the point that I am actively considering moving on to something else. The problem with that is that its likely to be there with any WinMo phone that's out right now.

I know about apps to get rid of/close stuff that isn't needed. I have the htcaddits app that works well. But if I'm having to constantly run that app it costs me just as much time as waiting for something to run. It might sound, and be, trivial to most here, but its not to me.

I've thought to going to see the Moto Droid but I cannot do without being able to sync my phone with my calendar, contacts etc. with my work machine. I don't think any droid is capable of doing that right now. I don't know what VZW might have in the works to be available shortly that may be running WinMo but with a snapdragon or other faster processor.

I don't expect anyone to have any resolution to fixing this on the Imagio because I don't think there is one. I guess I'm just blowing off steam because this is making me crazy. MS needs to have this resolved in WM 7 but I don't think I can wait that long. This is just flat out frustrating!

R