View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Deviyl
Lurker

Deviyl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
data plan not active on transferred service

I realize taking my phone into Sprint will probably be my best option, but with the holidays amok.. I'm not really looking forward to that. So I'll try to ask here in hopes that it might be a simple fix.

I have an HTC Touch Diamond. I cracked the screen on it and got the insurance company to send me a new phone. I called earlier and switched the service over to the new Diamond. I can now call and text people from the new phone.. but the data plan does not appear to have switched. I cannot download my email, surf the web, or send picture mail. I do have the plan on my bill and it worked fine before today.

When I look at ##data#, there is no user name.. and the phone is not assigned an IP. I have the MSL for the new phone, and I tried to change the ##data# settings to match the old phone. I was able to change the user name, but the IP addresses, even with the MSL, are still unable to be changed. When that didn't work, I just switched it back to how it was before I started.

First off.. I transferred my plan about 4 hours ago. I had to manually change the MDN and MSID to my phone number because it did not happen automatically through some "hands free" nonsense that was supposed to happen. The rep I spoke with told me everything should be set to go in about an hour, but it's not. I tried calling again, but now they're closed for the holidays.

So.. is there simply something else I need to do to the phone in order to get the data plan working? Something maybe similar to what I had to do when manually changing the MDN and MSID to my phone number?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. =)