View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
briannowicki
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Someone with more knowledge please explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskoland View Post
I need someone with more knowledge to please explain this to me. I live in Northwest Iowa and Verizon recently purchased Alltel in my area. So my question is this... If Alltel was currently EvDO and both Verizon and Alltel are CDMA why do I not get 3G on my phone. I know there have been several posts about stuck in 1x Land but I don't know if that is my issue. If I drive 8 miles to the east of where I live I get 3G on my phone and it works great. As soon as I get home I can watch it switch to 1x and there I stay.

So I thought that my PRL was the issue and I tried switching it to a Verizon PRL but it constantly switches back to a Hybrid PRL. I am assuming I am connecting to an Alltel tower or a US Cellular tower but both of them are EvDO, I would think I should be able to get 3G. Am I looking at this all wrong? Is there a more complicated answer to this? I just don't get it.

Thanks for your time.
Honestly not sure if this will do you much good but some reviews say it works and some youtube videos also show it works... check this out. you can stick it inside your phone under the battery, etc.. and for only $2 it might be worth it..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6C9WPPSZ7JK6RT