View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got my new (replacement) TP via FedEx - TRANSFER QUESTION :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i read this earlier, maybe it can help http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97690
Here's what I wrote...

Great post, thanks for sharing it with all of us! I have a similar, still developing, yet not as awesome (because I have yet to get a TP2 upgrade) story.

I was an Alltel customer, forced over to Verizon in November due to the merger, and when my original TP from Alltel became defective I emailed Tech-Support, and they replaced it (JUST received replacement today via FedEx) with a Verizon model TP (which I had no idea has less ram!!!)

So now with a lesser phone replacement, I called to express my dissatisfaction, and also the replacement phone they sent me didn't have a battery cover-plate or battery (standard procedure they said for 'like new replacements' according to them) and that they didn't have any back-plates in stock to send me (since my Alltel phone's shape was different, and I couldn't simply swap the battery covers as they assumed)

So, now I have a phone with less RAM and no battery-cover, so they say "We don't have that part stocked... YOU'LL HAVE TO CALL HTC AND ORDER ONE, AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET AND WE'LL REIMBURSE YOU NEXT MONTH ON YOUR STATEMENT." (Actual quote!)

So, I called HTC, got transferred THREE times... then got transferred to some outside satellite distributor company called Personal Device Distributor, or something like that... and got transferred TWO MORE TIMES to a girl who admitted she was eating her lunch, away from her computer, AND CARRYING ON another conversation with a co-worker in the break room... AND SHE SAID SINCE SHE WASN'T AT HER DESK SHE COULD TAKE MY INFO DOWN INCLUDING MY CREDIT CARD, on a PEN AND NAPKIN!!!

So, I ended up paying $38 PLUS shipping for a .25oz plastic piece that goes on the back of my phone, with a person who treated me like a dog, chewed her food while talking to me, and scribbled my sensitive info on a napkin - all because Verizon didn't make the necessary preparations for a merger of devices, AND TOLD ME to go use my own time and resources ($) to buy a battery cover myself (AFTER sending my a lower-level reduced RAM phone)

I emailed Verizon this entire story, and they wrote me back saying "Take it up with HTC." WHAT!?!? HTC didn't sell my the initial phone, HTC didn't force me into Verizon's service after the merger, HTC didn't mandate a reduced RAM phone, HTC didn't transfer me a combined 5 times to some rude doofus on their break, HTC didn't lack the foresight to stock simple parts for one of Verizon's best selling smart-phones....... VERIZON DID ALL OF THIS, and then TOLD ME to take it up with HTC!

I have not gone any further with this situation yet, I am exhausted and angry...

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE? Thanks