View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Location issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeman View Post
ive been with android since the G1...im a real android fan...i see the most potential ive ever seen in an OS in the android...and i rooted my g1 and flashed a custom rom 2 it...i flahed a regular 1.6 rom to it with all da good stuff...tether, apps2sd and more...and the phone ran like it had a hemi engine in it or a 800 mhz processor in it...it wus super fast...but with out it being rooted it would freeze, force close, crash, just be really buggy...after i rooted it the phone never gave a single problem again...the OS is beautiful but the hardware is never up to par...when the moment came out i thought to my self "this is perfect" da specs were beautiful...so i gave my rooted G1 to my girlfriend and got the moment...and note women are not the most patient people so if i didnt root that G1 she might have broken it the same day...excited about the moment at 1st but soon noticing that 2 of the most important things on the phone was not woking and that was the location finding and gps...i thought my phone didnt work so i brought it back and got a new 1...still didnt work...i would love to root this phone...i want nothing more but i really want a firmware update to fix this issue because like 10 of my apps used my location but not n e more...hero jus got an update so why cant we...i dnt even think sprint is aware of these problems...root access would make this phone the sickest android may b even phone period out rite now...im not a techy or not too smart on these types of things im actually a newb...but i know a good phone when i see it...i cant wait till people to really focus on the moment and i think this might be the place...

Settings > Security & Location > Use wireless networks or Enable GPS satellites ON?