View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
k_semler
Regular 'Geeker

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Dare to use chinese PPC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfong View Post
That's a vivid picture you have been painting. I don't know whether it is true. But if someone could make a product (albeit a buggy one) and manage to sell it, then kudos to his resourcefulness and creativity. All products starts this way. Microsoft started from a garage also. When these Chinese manufacturers accumulate enough capital, build their clean rooms, they'll kick some series ass, don't you think?
Good point. If somebody produces a product that other people actually want and are willing to pay for, then more power to the manufacturer. Yes, eventually they will be large enough to afford sterile manucatruring environments, and then I'll consider the product. However until then, I won't buy. But if they have a market, then more power to them. Do whatever, but I won't likely be buying. I demand a certian level of manufacturing standards, and will not waiver from those standards. It is up to the manufacturer to meet my expectations, not reduce my expectations to meet cheap manufacturers.

Quote:
He thinks he is the master. As an old adage goes, you opponent's contempt is your biggest asset.

By the way, even the iphone is made by Chinese manufacturer.
As an old saying goes, "Jack of all trades, master of none", except for PC repair. Even if your PC is a royal POS that won't even start, I can get it back, and you will not lose any data. It might take a day of labor, but I will be able to restore it. As part of PC repair, I am fully aware of the nessecary procedures in order to not unintentionally cause ESD, or contaminate the working surface.

Quote:
Can you provide some evidence to substantiate you claim? Chances are you phone is made in China.
I don't use an iPhone. I use an HTC Touch Pro (GSM). It was made in Taiwan, not the PRC. I will not use a neutered device, or one built for less then the cost of slave labor.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA