timbone19
Lurker

timbone19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MMS/Arcsoft settings or help on Boost Htc Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnaz View Post
ArcSoft works great for sending out picture mail on my HTC Mogul 6800 (Boost Mobile) with your server address above, thank you! But I still cannot receive MMS messages, all I get is a text with a link then if I click on the link it says "Share Error______You are unauthorized to view the share". With my old Sprint postpaid service I would go to the lame Sprint picture mail service via the browser to download pics, I could send pics with the oem app from my phone. But it doesn't seem that you can do that with Boost because the 3 supported Boost CDMA phones (lame) have MMS built in. It doesn't appear on the Boost side that they have that same internet MMS download site like Sprint. Even though we all understand this is really Sprint service on the Sprint network. So I understand the work around we must do to get it to work on a PPC.

How do I download pic mail with ArcSoft MMS? I see the auto and manual retrieval message download in options but how do I initiate the app to download picture mail from the Boost MMS server? I set it to manual to try and do it that way but I don't see anwyay to manually download MMS.

Now I finally moved from the Sprint Simply Everything plan to Boost CDMA. I couldn't be happier! I'm paying half of what I use to pay for the same service. Just to let everybody know you must port your Sprint # to something like AT&T prepaid (Go Phone) then port it back to Boost if you want to keep your #. AT&T is instant with ports so I recommend them. It took literally 2 minutes to port my # to AT&T from Sprint and my temp Go Phone phone was ringing with my ported # almost instantly. Sprint will in no way port your # to Boost CDMA so don't even try it. I hear they are finally porting to Boost iDen but who cares, that service is lame.
It looks like it all depends on the ROM
I am using NSFAN
and with http://mm.myboostmobile.com
Everything works fine
I say get a ROM u like and try it
I am sticking with NSFAN since I can now receive and send mms