View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
dB Zac
Lurker

dB Zac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint; Hero/Moment Pros & Cons

I didn't end up getting the moment, instead I got the droid and jumped ship all together. I felt like all the phone reviewers I trust were not really paying any attention the the moment witch made me suspicious. I do however have some things to say about the Hero.
1st off build quality was good, and the UI overlay (Sense) was amazing. Sense was so good in fact that I found my self trying to ignore the massive short comings of the hardware it self. Like so many others have said, the lag is horrible, the hardware is on the low side of what is the standard right now and will soon be obsolete and I don't want to be stuck with a phone that I know is not going to be able to hold a candle to the others in a year let alone 2 years when the contract is up.
2nd, the battery life was also vary last year. there are phones that can last 2 days of moderate use and my Hero could not do one full day. At 1st it could barely do 8 hours and then I removed the SMS widget and changed some setting to get about 12 hours out of it if I watched my web time and didnt use the GPS at all. I just couldn't hang with that.
3rd thing may seem minor to most but coupled with the battery life issues I feel it is a huge oversight is the lack of a proximity sensor. This is another feature that will soon be standard (look at the aris) and it may have helped the battery life enough to make it tolerable.
The Droids not perfect but its by far a better piece of hardware and software can be improved in the coarse of ownership in a few different ways (3rd party apps, OE updates, cooked roms, ported UI's). That and the fact that the Moment seemed to be getting over looked for a mystery reason steered me to the droid and away from the Hero
This post has been thanked 1 times.