View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 AM
fwaits
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Considering Imagio...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
Hi all,
I had an Imagio briefly but returned it because its browser was slow and froze up on me twice. But I loved that it is a Global phone, nicely built. Battery lasted a day-day and half. A store model's browser seemed a bit faster than the one I had, so it might have been a sample defect. The Omnia 2 is supposed to be released Dec 2nd as per Engadget, so I'll have a tough decision, Omnia2 vs. Imagio. One thing great about Imagio is that the FM radio has stereo-mono toggle which apparently the Omn2 does not.

My question is: Does Opera 9.7 install make it the default browser or do you have to go into the programs and run it, and also, is Opera Mini as fast as people say it is? I've been playing with Skyfire and find it just great.

Also: having bought an Imagio, are you pretty pleased or do you wish you had an overall faster functioning phone? Thx
If you get one of the more recent builds that have been customized by the community like the ones at xda-developers they install over the built-in 9.5 build and become the default. And yes the 9.7 I use is faster than the 9.5 stock version that came on the device. And if you use Turbo Mode and/or Mobile sites it's just as fast as Opera Mini then. Opera 10 looks pretty good, but it sounds like there are a few bugs yet that are discouraging me from going to it just yet. The build I'm referring to is in the 2nd post of this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486502

Overall I'm pleased with the phone and know it will be even better once unlocked and cooked ROMs start coming, honestly for a WM phone, outside of the HD2, I don't think we'll see much better before WM7 in a year or less.

Last edited by fwaits; 11-21-2009 at 01:51 AM.