View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
x10guy
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How Microsoft blew it with Windows Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
i dont think microsoft blew it. Windows Mobile didnt have anything to offer to the average person. It didnt have any fun games or fun apps so making commercials of it wouldnt make any sense bc it was only geared to the nerds (lol sry guys). So for a OS that really didnt do much for the average person I think it did pretty well. But now we have the iPhone and Android, I think microsoft should really work hard on Windows 7 to make it finger friendly and developers keep it up with the useless (ha) but appealing games and apps like those shake and save stuff and when windows 7 comes out do a couple commercials focusing on games and apps (especially skyfire with flah in the browser) then at the end maybe throw in the extra stuff windows could do like multitasking etc. Remember the average person doesnt care about the geeky things that our phones can do. They need to make commercials that will appeal the the average consumer. We at ppcgeeks dont need commercials bc we know what our phones are capable of.
You are absolutely correct "Microsoft didn't have anything to offer the average person..." That is why they are lagging so far behind. Let's face it, it is Microsoft so WinMo will probably be around for a while. But it will definitely (and probably has so already) taken a back seat to android and iphone.
And let's remember, most developers will develop on the platform that has the potential for most profit... which most of the time means the most users.