View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
bkaz
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bkaz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The 700w runs wm5. You are probably thinking of the 700p or one of the earlier treos. I know I could've probably complained and complained until I got something different, but I'm due for a NE2 upgrade in a few months so I'll get something new later. I also don't enjoy arguing with people and being a jerk over something silly like a phone. I did tell them that I really needed wifi and spoke briefly to a manager, but I didn't feel like pushing it too far.

In case anyone is wondering, here's my take on the treo. So far, I'm actually liking it. I was running the latest wm6 rom on my 6700 and this treo seems more reponsive. I like the buttons better too (especially the dial pad). So overall I like it better as a phone. The 6700 is definately superior as a pocket pc. The treo only has one programmable hard button (mine's programmed to voice command). I can't easily record a memo, open the comm manager, go to the camera, etc... The smaller screen is limiting, but it's not as bad as you might think. The lack of wifi really stinks - I never needed the data plan before. So, I think this old treo will be just fine until something really nice comes out next year.