View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Pistol_Piet
Lurker

Pistol_Piet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Tethering questions.

Hello, I've been a longtime lurker since before I even had a ppc, and now have questions regarding tethering.

I'm running the Juicy Sense UI rom and this is my first attempt at tethering, so I can't compare it to when using a stock Sprint rom. And yes, I've searched quite thoroughly.

First of all, I don't seem to have a "dedicated" Internet Sharing program, unless it has been condensed into other programs. In order to get to the screen, I have to either plug it in through USB or navigate through the settings to 'USB to PC.'

When using tethering under 'Sprint,' I get error 67, which seems to be quite common. All the fixes I found when searching for it involved .cabs/tweaks given as answers from years ago. So, is there any current fixes that are safe to use with the rom?

However, if I use 'CDMA1X' to tether it works. I assume that this is a slower speed, though, or am I wrong? The speeds aren't the greatest, and I assume the '1X' denoted the connection type (vs. EV, 3G, etc.).

Well, this has become too lengthy, and I think that wraps it up. Thanks in advance any help, not to mention all the tips these forums have offered me.