View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Laos101
The PPCG CR Guy!

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
**READ** About the PPCGP. What is this? ***

So, you may be wondering, what's this forum (And RSS Feed) all about?

Well this thread should clear that all up for you. Below is the Who, What, When, Why, and such of the PPCGP. Feel free to post your questions below.

WHAT Is the PPCGP?

The PPCGP, Or Pocket PC Geeks Podcast, is a audio podcast composing of members of the mobile world, to discuss the mobile world "In Review" (Any major developments over the last few weeks or current). In general, we focus our content on what come and goes on the major sites (PPCGeeks, XDA, BGR, DSLReports, AP and others) and what we find out from our dedicated users. If we think its fitting, it'll be discussed with our "round table" of 2-5 people. These people range greatly and come from all walks of life.

We discuss anything pertaining technology, but will focus specifically on Windows Mobile, Android, Iphone, and Palm Devices. Anything regarding the Developers, Carriers, and Manufacturers of these devices is also included. Not to mention as well as iPad, slates, and other emerging mobile technologies

The PPCGP is, long story short, PG-13. Topics and discussions are always intended to remain PG or G, but we're only human and where things can turn, they probably will. It's suggested people keep an open mind and be mature when listening, the slip of the tongue may happen and we are sorry in advance!

WHO Are the PPCGP?

The PPCGP does each show in a "Round Table" discussion style. The host comes prepared with a list of topics to discuss and relevent information, the guests of the host then bring up their thoughts and opinions, and the rest goes whichever way the wind does. It's a very open ended audiocast, meaning almost anything under the sun can come up, it all depends on the hosts and the alcohol content of the guests.

Often, the host of the show will be Laos101, who is the head of the PPCGP at this time. Other common guests include:

The show's number and type of guests vary always, the only way to ensure a guest will be attending is to listen live! Sometimes our preliminary threads will list topics and intended guests, but all of it is subject to change.

WHEN Is the PPCGP?

The PPCGP is scheduled to air every THURSDAY @ 8PM EDT HERE!. (Mobile friendly methods, such as a internet radio station, are coming soon)[/B]

Time Conversions

U.K., GMT: 12AM - 00:00

East Coast US, GMT -5: 8 PM - 16:00

Central US, GMT -6: 7:00PM - 19:00

Mountain US, GMT -7 6:00PM - 18:00

Pacific Coast US, GMT -8 5:00 PM - 17:00

The show will start often within ten minutes of the scheduled start. This depends on the arrival of our guests and other constraints.

WHERE Can I listen to the PPCGP?

There are currently two ways to primarily listen to the PPCGP, Live or Off-Air.

Live: Head to our Podcast Page (Http://www.podcast.ppcgeeks.com) around the time of the show.

Off-Air: We are on Itunes and Zune Marketplace!

Or, you can check our RSS Feed (PPCGeeks - PPCG Podcasts) and tune into the MP3 file as it comes out (usually 1-2 days following the Podcast's end)

WHY Is there a PPCGP?

Why? Because it's fun, and it's great for everyone.

An Audiocast means you don't have to just read news and think to yourself. This allows us all to listen to the news, share our opinions, and get other opinions (From both the chatters and Round table.) It's a great way to kill an hour or two, and they are always a blast. It's a win-win.

Oh, and we also try to feature people you probably will never get to sit down and have a chat with, such as the many chefs and developers we have.

OTHER.

Can I suggest something to be discussed?

Sure! We primarily get our news off of PPCGeeks.com, so be sure to suggest a news tip there if it's something like that.

We also check chat time to time live on the show, so you can leave your thoughts there too.

How can I get on the show?

The PPCGP is no exclusive club. In fact, it is far from it. We invite anyone with a straight head, an honest opinion, and a love for mobility on the show.

If you think you got what it takes, a microphone, and perhaps a few fun facts, PM me me and we can talk.

At the moment, we are really looking for ANDROID users, iPhone users, and ROM or Software Chefs/Developers.

Do you Guys Do Call-Ins?

YES! We do! You can call in mid-show from our voicemail box @ 614-88-PPCGP (77237) and leave us a question, thought, rant, etc. with a call-back number and we may just call you back mid-show or answer your questions from last week!

How can I contribute to the show?

Contribution means a plethora of things.

If you mean by monetarily. You can inquiry on donations here.

If not, spreading the word about the PPCGP is the greatest contribution we can ask for! Tell your friends, relatives, and even strangers about the show, and have them (including you!) tune in weekly. The more, the merrier! Spread the word to other forums and turn this podcast into one of the greatest sources of mobile technology news ever!

If you represent a business, website, or are just a person who is interested in making a sponsorship with the PPCGP (such as advertising with us in the show or offering giveaway items), then you can send a private message to me and we can discuss the details.

If you want to sponsor us, you can always PM Me on the forums or request me for an email to contact.
-------------
Any questions? Post below!

Last edited by Laos101; 03-16-2011 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.