View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
ajac
VIP Member

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Battery Life issue workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I would ask you to read the battery link on my sig. They do "learn" since they actually have a chip on them. It's what reports the batteries status to the device. Keeps it from over charging, blowing up and over heating. It is what tells your device it's temperature, current, et al details about the battery..

You are confusing "memory", which it doesn't have like Nickel batteries.. But they do have a draw back that is similar, they lose 10% per year and more so when they get hot. Which you can call a memory effect. It's just not as bad or obvious as with NiMh.

This learning is why they tell you when you first get the phone to use it until it turns off then to put it to charge. You will also note that manuals tell you to plug items in and let them charge for at least 8 hours "before" using them. And their charge / life will get better within a few charges..

I find it funny you asked in several threads, people try to help, But it seems you already have more than enough knowledge to answer yourself.

Read my answer on your thread.

-CC
umm no they dont lithium ions have no memory effect. That link obviously has no idea how to prolong a lithium ion battery. Becasue anyone that has any idea what a lithium ion battery is knows not to do that. This is why people have such isues iwth ther batteires they listen to stupid links like above and think is right when thier damaging thier battery more then they relize.