View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:09 AM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Battery Life issue workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
anyone saying they get 85 hours out of this battery is lying not possible. and how do you now its a fact? did you watch it? no your going by what they tell you and thier lying tiher asses off or using multiple batteries. A lithium ion battery isnt a standard rechargable battery. It doesnt learn. What it has is what it has. The more you fill it up and empty it out the more damaged it is. The best way to prolong battery life is to keep it as full as possiblle aka charge it as few times as possible not draining it all the time and recharging it. That casues the battery to get hot and cold way to often. Like any eletronic complenet expanding and contracting damages its use and kills its life.
I would ask you to read the battery link on my sig. They do "learn" since they actually have a chip on them. It's what reports the batteries status to the device. Keeps it from over charging, blowing up and over heating. It is what tells your device it's temperature, current, et al details about the battery..

You are confusing "memory", which it doesn't have like Nickel batteries.. But they do have a draw back that is similar, they lose 10% per year and more so when they get hot. Which you can call a memory effect. It's just not as bad or obvious as with NiMh.

This learning is why they tell you when you first get the phone to use it until it turns off then to put it to charge. You will also note that manuals tell you to plug items in and let them charge for at least 8 hours "before" using them. And their charge / life will get better within a few charges..

I find it funny you asked in several threads, people try to help, But it seems you already have more than enough knowledge to answer yourself.

Read my answer on your thread.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 11-19-2009 at 11:12 AM.