View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 AM
blockhead428
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909

I got a pm earlier from a guy who was asking me about how I created my custom folder icons. I didn't really create them, just changed them. I thought I'd share my explanation with this thread, and maybe it would help those interested in customizing and personalizing their phone.

I got them at iconarchive.com. These are the ones I used http://www.iconarchive.com/category/...onas-rask.html but you can go through there and pick whatever you want to use. You can see next to each icon, it says png then it has different sizes like 48x48px or 256x256px. Just right click on the one 256x256px one and choose save as and save it somewhere in a folder. What I did was I picked out an icon for each folder I made in the start menu. For example for my Internet folder, I picked an icon and saved it as Internet.png into a folder called custom. Indagroove's icons are stored in device\program files\start icons. When I got all of the icons I needed in the custom folder, I dumped it into device\program files\start icons, so the tree was device\program files\start icons\custom. Bear in mind that you can browse the start icons folder because you may find something you want to use. Once your files are there, you need to go into PHM Registry Editor. Navigate to the string HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start. Under here, you're going to see quite a few other keys, but you're looking for the ones named after your folders. They should all have + next to them. Don't click on the plus, click on the name of the folder you want to change. At the bottom of registry editor, look for the value named Icon. When you tap on it, under Value data will be the address of the current icon. You want to change it to reflect the new icon. For example, the Games folder icon was \Program Files\Start Icons\Folder Games.png. You want to change it to \Program Files\Start Icons\Custom\Games.png. Then, your icon will be changed!

The new folders you created may not have the icon value when you click on their name in the registry editor. If this is the case, just tap and hold on the icon value of another folder, tap copy, then tap another folder name, say Tools for example. Then tap and hold where you want the icon value to be, and hit paste. Then just tap Icon, change the value data to reflect the icon you want, hit Ok, and you're done! Do this for as many folders as you want to change. Any questions, just pm me and I'll be happy to help.
This post has been thanked 3 times.