View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 AM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: locking the screen

Jillbiz - Palm built a keyguard over Windows Mobile for locking. It worked really well and was something that Microsoft has never, ever done right. Without Palm we are left with various alternatives...S2U2, devicelock (and others that leverage the built in lock), PocketShield (which I loved for the TP but I don't like on the Intrepid because it's not QVGA), etc.

You're right, the lock and unlock functionality is different. But devicelock only uses the built-in lock; it engages it automatically, something Microsoft should have allowed from day one. If you don't like the slider, you can select the old style lock. Go to start-settings-lock, display tab, and select "Windows Classic" (I think you have to restart). The problem is, the old style Windows Mobile lock actually unlocks when you get an SMS or call, so for pocket use it's actually poor (because if you get a text message then your phone can pocket dial afterward). The new slider lock at least fixes that problem.

Try PocketShield, as it has the option for unlocking with the center button. There's a QVGA version on their site somewhere.
This post has been thanked 1 times.