View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 PM
msh441
PPCGeeks Regular

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: How to make Opera 9.5 default browser for all apps, not just TouchFlo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsleepr View Post
you have to mod the lua file that controls it
Where is it and how do you modify it?

Someone else posted this on XDA Developers But I haven’t had the opportunity to try to confirm this as a work around:

All you need to do is to modify a file named “InternetPortal-en-US.xml” which is located in \Application Data\Manila. Use the freeware application Total Commander to navigate to this file and once you locate it press the pen/paper icon on the bottom of the page and that will open the file on the screen so you can edit it.

Once the file is open in Total Commander just add one of the following lines after the line <InternetPortal> which is towards the top:
Opera is:
<BrowserExe>\Windows\OperaL.exe</BrowserExe>
mobile\OperaL.exe</BrowserExe>
Internet Explorer is:
<BrowserExe>\Windows\iexplore.exe</BrowserExe>
SkyFire is:
<BrowserExe>\Program Files\Skyfireskyfire.exe</BrowserExe>
Iris is:
<BrowserExe>\program files\iris browser\irisbrowser.exe</BrowserExe>

I installed Opera Mobile 9.5 beta to my storage card, so my new path is:
<BrowserExe>\storage card\program files\opera

*Note if you can't save your changes - make sure that the file isn't set on "read only" (click the hand holding the paper icon and uncheck the "read only" box. You may have to click twice to remove the setting)

As I would be looking at going to Skyfire, I’m guessing my path would look something like this: <BrowserExe>\Storage Card\Program Files\Skyfireskyfire.exe</BrowserExe>

There are however other commands in that .xml file that I'm not sure how they effect things.

Again, I haven’t tested this yet (I'm at work), but looking at the information posted in the .xml, it does appear to control/direct what happens when that Launch Browser button is pushed. Whether or not other files also have an effect, and what these changes would effect, are yet unconfirmed (as I saw no replies after that post).

Last edited by msh441; 11-19-2009 at 02:43 PM.