View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:07 AM
WM_Geek
Lurker

WM_Geek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Ok let me give as much information as possible in order to get help resolving this issue:

Attempted to upgrade my Verizon XV6700 with file:

APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe

(...Obviously, my Verizon XV6700 phone is on the Cricket network

1. Placed the phone in "bootloader" mode. (Holding the camera, power and soft restart buttons at the same time.. We good so far?)

2. Phone goes into a dark screen mode (no backlight) but says "Serial" at the top. Everything seems to be working OK according to plan.... Next I Plug in the USB cable and the screen changes to "USB" .. Ok that's what it's supposed to do ... next...

3. I run the "APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe" file from my PC desktop. (Active sync is irrelevant in this equasion in fact I understand it should be turned off completely.) The file (APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe) starts up and runs on my PC for a few monents and seems to be checking the phones current configuration etc..... THEN it spits back a message as follows:

" Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error "

I tried to flash it several times.

It seems the bootloader screen reads USB at the top and v1.04 at the bottom right corner.

...So do I understand that it will not work with v.1.04? Is that the issue? I need an older ROM?

Can the flash file "APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe" be updated to work with v.1.04?

So my question is, How does a person resolve this issue exactly?

Don't tell me an answer like "kitchen it" because I have absolutely no idea what that means i should do EXACTLY...

"DETAILED" explanations or perhaps links to alternative solutions, files, d/l's etc. that DOES WORK to upgrade this phone much appreciated.

How much you wanna bet I am not alone and there are 100's of other people are reading this with the same exact problem but they too cannot find any answers or solutions to this

" Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error "

problem....? (Just hit the THANKS button if you are one of them !!!...)

Who has the solution?

Thanks.

Last edited by WM_Geek; 11-18-2009 at 03:23 AM.