PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: xImapPusher - so far the best push mail solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
If you got a web server anywhere that uses PHP you can set up Z-Push on it. You can even set up your local PC provided you port forward 80 to your server. I tried it out and it actually works good.
Thank you! This z-push is all I wanted!

Although I've made the ImapPusher as perfect as possible, I still give it up because there is a big problem I cannot do anything about it: WM closes sockets after 4.5 minutes. Battery life hurts. Live push (HotMail) is the same, ActiveSync does not have this issue.

I made some simple changes to z-push for gmail: 1) use gmail's smtp to reply, so sent mail does not go to other folders; 2) use any email address not just gmail address as from and reply-to; 3) deleted messages goes into Trash instead of Archive.

This is the great thing about open source - you can make it to work exactly the way you want. With z-push, Exchange now is perfect for Exhange and any IMAP.

The only downside about z-push: it polls every 5 seconds (I changed to 15) to the IMAP mail server. When I have time, I'll make it to use IMAP idle to sync to the mail server other than polling, by implementing ImapPusher's source code.