Thread: Skyfire
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skyfire

I have Opera 9.7b1 which works nicely, and opera 8.65 which has always been sort of old school but still functional.

Pretty much in total agreement that IE6 for WM6.5 is really weak. It renders pages better, but it's clearly bloated code. In fact I tried to sign into some web site lately and it told me my browser was over some number of years old (thinking it was IE6 for desktop) and wouldn't let me continue! LOL I felt like saying, hey, this is Microsoft's latest and greatest for their mobile platform.

FYI you can customize the start page on all these browsers by going into settings. I just created a basic HTML file with my favorite links and I use that as my start page, so it never even has to load the network just to open the browser (silly waste of time unless you always go to the same page first). powerdeck.sprint.com is not my idea of a starting point.
This post has been thanked 1 times.