View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
digi
Regular 'Geeker

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Very effective way of increasing battery life (charging related)

Once a week I run mine totally dead, then charge it overnight with my laptop, rather than the wall charger, and my Imagio battery is awesome. I could be totally off on this, but I feel that since the USB charging only charges at around 500 ma, as opposed to 900+ with the wall charger, that the battery gets a more thorough charge, kind of like a trickle charge.

I notice that when I take it off the wall charger, it seems to quickly drop to 90%, usually within a few minutes. But when I charge it USB, it stays at 100% for hours sometimes.

My battery was not very good at all out of the box, but for the first two weeks I totally discharged it and then fully charged it each time, and can now squeeze out two days with fairly heavy usage, the only charging it might get during the day is in the car on the way home. Each day my usage is about 30-60 mins talk time, 40-50 txt, push activesync on all the time, receive about 30 emails, browsing the web for 30-60 mins, and sometimes listening to music w/ bluetooth for an hour. Also I am constantly playing with the phone, rarely do twenty minutes go by that I don't turn it on to mess with something.

However, I just got a TP2 yesterday and so far the battery is really terrible, I hope I can get more life out of it as it breaks itself in, but it doesnt look good. At this point I can barely get it to last 6 hours.

Alltel / Verizon