View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
zone23
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0)

How do I open this this thing?

I want to try out this rom but the file extension says .7z. What the?

Indagroove uses the compression .7z which is similar to a .zip or .rar file. Fortunately for some of use we can just use a program called winrar to extract the files. Unfortunately winrar is not free, so you may need to find a copy from a friend. Once the files are extracted you may notice that there is no RAPHIMG.NBH thats because Indagrooves flasher uses the ruu_signed.nbh. If you want to flash your phone via the SD card just simply rename ruu_signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.NBH copy to your SD card and enjoy another fine Indagroove release.

To enable weather animation with a custom picture:

When I select a photo from "settings" / "Personalize" / "Home tab wallpaper" I no longer get the weather animation on the home screen.

Go to home tab (were your clock is) click menu (at the bottom) click home wallpaper click weather wallpaper it should pop up and ask you for a photo. Pick the photo you want. Bingo it changes all tabs to that photo and you get the animated weather. If the weather animation doesn't start touch the corner by the clock (twice).

Back up this key for Sashimi:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]"Weather.Fahrenheit"
(Once you have changed temperature to display in Fahrenheit backing this up will insure that it sets to fahrenheit after a flash)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]"Weather.CityList"
(If you have removed all the cities from the cities list backing this key up will keep them gone next flash. If you have set a new city it will show up on the next flash as long as it is in the data base of cities.)

What is "flashdance"?

Why are people always telling me to do the flashdance, What is this? I only speak english.

The term "flashdance" means to flash your phone to stock let the phone run the stock setup. Hard reset the phone let the setup run once again. Then flash the custom rom. This typically fixes problems that others are not having.

Why don't I have the messaging application that I'm used too?

We don't have a working HTC Messaging for Manila/Sense 2.5. There are people working on it I believe. With that said the HTC Messaging has been disabled and Indagroove has come up with a combination of WinMo apps that work in its place. The messaging apps all work in landscape. So if you go to send a txt or email you can flip out the keyboard and go. This is all a trade off for the fancy new interface. What you can't do is flip out the keyboard and view clouds, rain, or the sun floating across the screen. I don't know if they will ever have that, but thats too be seen.

Were is the original S2A (Slide 2 Answer)?

I like the original S2A Screen that pops up when you answer a call, the one that's included looks like kids toy phone.

The original S2A screen is included but what happens is the phone is set to lock while in a call. So when the call ends you get the WinMo dialer. To fix this you can disable the lock while in call. The program is CSDEVCTRL. Open the program and then touch (LOCK) Triggers & Options and uncheck "Lock during Call". Hit ok and thats it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CSDevCtrl\Options
(Backs up CSDevCtrl Options)

Why doesn't my Internet Tab show the webpage for an Icon?

In order for the Internet tab to show the web page as a Icon you must use Internet explorer to view the page. Once the page is fully loaded close IE and go to the Internet tab and you should notice the page is now an icon. I have noticed that this doesn't work with every site PPCGeeks being one of them.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\InternetPus h\Enabled
(Backs up favorites Tab)

You also need to back up "windows\favorites" to the following folder "sashimi\auto\root\windows\favorites"

Why does my phone keep locking?

Indagroove has included a program called CSDevCtrl that give the user more control over how and when the phone locks. Click the icon (CSDevCtrl) and you will notice three other icons. Click the "setup" icon this is were you can change all of the parameters of the application, including disabling it if you so desire. I have found once I tweaked it to my liking that its a nice program.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CSDevCtrl\Options
(Backs up CSDevCtrl Options)

Dont Like the Stock Toolbar? Try this one:

jason25 23081 aluke mod.cab - Respect to Jason25

Why is my screen out of alignment?

Whats going on here all the sudden my screens out of whack what happened?

Your phone runs an application (ManilaFixPosition) on every boot up that aligns the screen. Some home screen modifications can knock this alignment off. From what I've seen none of my applications cause this error, but adjusting things like the tabs at the bottom will. So how do you fix this, well its very simple soft reset the phone and your all done. For the more techy you could create a shortcut to the ManiliaFixPostion app. and run it when needed. You would need to run it twice as the first time terminates the program.

Edit: cleanRAM causes screen miss alignment I use the shortcut I created to fix this. Rebooting the phone would make running cleanRAM useless.

Why are all my icons all over the place, where are the folders?

Indagroove doesn't create custom folders like you may be use to. If you want folders with fancy icons your going to have to create them yourself. How do you do that? Well lucky for you blockhead428 has shared his experience with us:

You can use any icons in .png format for this modification. I got my icons from www.iconarchive.com. Specifically, I used this set http://www.iconarchive.com/category/...onas-rask.html but go ahead and navigate the site some and see if there's something else you like. The custom icons used in this rom are located in device\Program Files\Start Icons.

1) Using Total Commander, navigate to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

2) Create as many custom folders as you want in order to organize your apps. For example, I used: Games, Internet, Tools, Multimedia, GPS, Office Mobile, and System.

3) Go ahead and organize your apps into your newly created folders using Total Commander's "Cut to clipboard" command and "Paste here" command. Best way to do this is to flip open your screen so you can tap the "Ctrl" button on the bottom right of Total Commander, then select each app that's specific to the folder you're moving it to. Then tap "Ctrl" again, tap and hold on a selected app, choose "Cut to clipboard", navigate to the folder you're moving it to, then tap and hold in the folder and choose "Paste here". Repeat until you're satisfied with your organization.

4) Now you need to download your icons. At the iconarchive website, you'll see next to the icon its name, then a download.ico link, then under that you'll see "PNG:256x256px". Right click on this, click "Save Target as. . .", and save this png file in a folder labeled Custom. Name the png the same name as the folder you want it to be the icon for. For example, save your png for the Tools folder as Tools.png. Save all your icons into the same folder.

5) Now move your "Custom" folder into device\Program Files\Start Icons.

6) Next you need to access PHM Registry Editor. Navigate to this string: HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start

7) Under this string, you'll find the names of the folders you created. They should have a + next to them since they all contain apps. In this example, I'll use the Games folder. Tap the Games string. Do not tap the plus (+).

This is what you will see. Tap the key "Icon" at the bottom of the screen. If there is no "Icon", tap the "Games" string, tap and hold on "Icon", and tap Copy. Now go back to the folder that you were working on, tap and hold where "Icon" should be, and tap Paste. Now you can edit the icon for this folder.

9) Next, this will pop up. Edit "Value data" to indicate the path to your custom icon. Right now it will show "\Program Files\Start Icons\Folder Games.png". You want to change it to "\Program Files\Start Icons\Custom\Games.png"

10) Your icon has been changed! Repeat this for as many icons and folders as you want to change.

Respect to blockhead428
Please give blockhead a thanks at his orignal post if you used this information:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=777

Sashimi Tip:
Don't forget to backup any Registry keys you change so all your hard work wont be in vain.

I can't find TaskManager what gives?

Sense 2.5 doesn't have the usual TaskManager, so seeing what is running on your phone can be a bit of a task (no pun intended) so what to do?

One of the solutions posted in this thread is to use an application called "Quickmenu". Quickmenu creates a drop down similar to the old drop down menu in WinMo 6.1. If you looking for an easy way to see whats running and be able to close it easily then this maybe the solution for you.

Quick_Menu_2.8.414.CAB - Respect to Rootlinux - Alen Software

To edit the size of Quickmenu tap on Quick Menu/Option. Menu Tabs are on the bottom, select view, use Menu Edge
Give thanks to winmonewbie at his orignal post if you used this information:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=956

................Default ................................MenuItemEdge @ 10

Whats that you can't control your audio via bluetooth?

Users have reported the inability to control the music tab via bluetooth audio devices. Good news Gooru and James62370 have a solution.

1)Disable Manila through the Today screen settings

2)Rename HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ HTC Sense to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\ TouchFLO3D

3)Then replace the two DLL-s from ManilaFLO.zip found in Gooru's post here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=52)

4)Soft reset the phone

5)Enable Manila through the Today screen settings and enjoy Bluetooth control of your music tab.

Give thanks to likeminal at his orignal post if you used this information:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=933
Respect to Gooru and James62370 @ XDA

I would like to thank the following people:

GOD
Indagroove
PPCGeeks.com
xda-developers
All those who I may have quoted
(If I used you quote and you don't like it PM me)
(Indagroove if you don't like this info here PM me as well)

Last edited by zone23; 11-22-2009 at 09:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.