View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
CodysGrammy
Lurker

CodysGrammy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: inbox keeps deleting messages

A possible reason for this. I read somewhere for some mail servers once a message is read from any source the message is marked as read and is not reported to the client that has already downloaded the message. What my understanding is for Windows Mobile if it doesn't receive a report that the message is on the server when it checks for email then the email client on the phone will delete it from the inbox on the device. The only thing I can tell you is if you want to save a message create a folder for it on the phone and save the message in there outside of the inbox. I don't think you can force Windows Mobile to keep the message in the inbox. Now this is what I think it is. I could be wrong but it does make sense because this is the same thing that has happened to me with all Windows Mobile phones that I have had where I will have email in my inbox then the next time I check the server the emails that were there will be replaced by new ones at my isp. They are still on the server though because I can see the message if I check it from my home computer. Just a thought.

Last edited by CodysGrammy; 11-12-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added server to the last sentence