View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:13 AM
blazinazn
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Droid and Gmail Contacts Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0984 View Post
I should preface this with my Droid is coming via fedex today, so I don't actually have it in my hands yet, but I had a question about contact syncing.

I'm coming from a Touch Pro and I would sync my contacts with Windows Live which was largely unused for anything else. So all contacts were contacts of people I would want to actually call.

With Android now, the big feature is Gmail contact sync. I have *tons* of gmail contacts. 80% of which, I do NOT want in my phone's contact list.

What options do I have? Can you sync like, just a specific category of contacts?

Thanks
Here is what I did, cause I was using outlook to sync my contacts and calendar.

I exported my calendar as a common separated value and imported it into google calendar. I did the same thing for my contacts as well. But beware with the contacts.

If you set your phone to sync all contacts, it will sync any and every single email address you've ever sent or received in gmail, which is a pain.

If you go into gmail > contacts

In that window you should see "My Contacts." Make sure you import you outlook contacts under My contacts.

Then go on your phone and go to: Contacts > Menu > Edit Sync groups
Make sure you uncheck sync all contacts and then check "My Contacts"

And then:

Menu on homescreen > settings > Data Synchronization > Contacts

This should now sync only your outlook contacts.

Hope this helps

I have a Samsung Moment so the phone settings may be different.