Threadstarter

rashire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rashire
Re: Windows 7 Sync Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Are there any problems reported with Dell system motherboards (Intel Quad 4 processor) and Windows 7 sync? I've just order such a system and would like to know if there's going to be a problem, and if so anyone has fixed it.

Thanks.
The problem has only been reported (to my knowledge) with the P55 (LGA 1156) chipset. According to reports about the iPhone people where having the issues with Vista and Windows 7 for both the x86 and x64 versions. Unless your processor is a i7 or i5 Intel cpu you don't even have to worry. If you do have problems motherboard makers seem to have discovered the issue and are pushing out new Bios's. If you get the machine and can't sync then find out what motherboard you have and check the manufacturers website for their Bios updates and flash utilities (It's the same concept as RUU and flashing for your phone except their signed and don't need a unlock) For instance Gigabyte listed "Fix iphone sync issue" for its 11/06/09 bios update which i updated my motherboard to using Gigabytes @BIOS utility. Gigabyte was the first to release it but the rest of the manufactures won't be too far behind at least, that what I've read around the internet.

Just to note/repeat/re-phrase, this isn't a windows issue, this is a issue with Intel's implementation of USB technology on the P55 chipset. Kinda ironic.