View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BOUNTY] To whoever can find a fix for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
With each and every 6.5 cooked rom I have tried, I have seen the same bug in each and every one and I am offering a reward to whomever can find a confirmed fix for this.

The problem: Phantom Messaging Window

When the problem is seen: When automatically sending/receiving e-mail.

Symptom: A blank "Messaging" window appears covering the screen and remains until the user either closes it or taps the screen. This will only happen the SECOND time the phone automatically checks for e-mail. The first time will have no messaging window, but the second time and each time thereafter the window will appear.

My settings: Automatic Send/Receive (any interval) / Audible Alert / LED flash for 30 minutes / Display Message On Screen

I have already tried every possible combination of changing check intervals, notification settings etc. This bug has plagued each and every 6.5 rom I have used on every phone I have had (Touch Pro 1 / Touch Pro 2).

I am offering $100 to whoever can find a working fix for this. If you need more details, PM me.
Try moving all of your email out of your inbox in to a folder that does not sync. This will rule out some sort of corrupt message in your inbox causing the problem. I have had this with calendar items from 1999 causing all sorts of problems until I found and deleted them.

If this works, a simple thank you would suffice. If not, I would keep looking at your mailbox as you have stated that you have tried different ROMS. Software you are installing would be the other more obvious answer.