View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
briannowicki
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I can proudly state I'm sticking with my Imagio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaosinEngaged View Post
I was on vacation for about a week and missed the launch of the Droids, which is what I was waiting for before I made my final decision on whether or not to stick with the Imagio.

Well, I just got back from an hour long visit to my Verizon store and can proudly state that I feel at the current time the Imagio is the BEST phone on Verizon.

For starters, the Moto Droid is absolutely hideous. To be honest, it looks much worse in person than it does in pictures, and I was actually shocked that's the best form factor and design Motorola could come up with. Seriously, what were they thinking? Also, I know it isn't old news or groundbreaking to hear complaints about the physical keyboard, but I honestly felt it was one of the worst I've ever used. And CNET and others have literally raved about the screen, but I find the screen on the Imagio to be equal or better. Maybe it's my eyes? Onto its implementation of Android itself, it just leaves me scratching my head a bit. I don't understand where all the hype is coming from. It's an operating system. It's not flashly, it's not dramatically groundbreaking, it's just another operating system. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that this phone with its Android operating system was toted as an iPhone killer and to be using an interface that's as or more revolutionary than the one on the iPhone. I'm just not seeing it. Yes, the customizability is pretty cool, but it's essentially just a multiple desktop interface, and the whole thing, to me, feels pretty convoluted and unintuitive. I'm not saying WinMo isn't complex, but especially its iteration on the Imagio IMO is far better. Not to mention at least WinMo has a file manager.

Android feels like an overly complicated blackberry interface, and honestly it wasn't my cup of tea, and certainly not "revolutionary" or worthy of the tremendous hype.

compared to all the other smart phones out right now like TP2 etc.. all i cna say is AMEN.. im glad i chose the imagio i was looking for registry tweaks and the developers did they're HW so far becuase the battery and some performance tweaks that werent in other models like my old TP(Raphael) are in the imagio already. all arond great phone.. i cant wait for some new roms/unlock to make this phone even more phenominal!