Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
pistol44
PPCGeeks Regular

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Telus users I need help! Or Sim card gurus

2 questions for you all.

Ok so we all proud owners of our Telus TP2s and love them probably more than our g/f's. And we especially love that these are one of their first hybrid CDMA/GSM phones. Now most of you have laid eyes on the HTC HD2. I myself would love to imagine myself taking my Telus sim card out, purchasing an unlocked HD2 early next year and slipping my existing sim in and having no problems. I know that people can buy Telus sim card phones and unlock them for other carries like Rogers etc. So can this be done vice versa?

Secondly I notice a lot of talks of flashing radios on this phone but most of it coming from the US. Are there radio's that are safe to flash for us Telus and if so is there any benefit to doing this?

EDIT: Confirmed that you can use an unlocked phone with Telus' new SIM cards that are currently available on the new Telus 3G+ network.

My question new question is can the new SIM replace our existing SIM that came with the phone to work on the new network? Would the Touch Pro 2 support HSPA?

Last edited by pistol44; 11-09-2009 at 02:16 PM.