View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW Droid could cost as much as $75 above plan rates for Data, Tethering, Exchange

Just read this a few hours ago. Essentially if you want to take full advantage of the Droid, you could be shelling out an extra $75 bucks ON TOP of your normal plan rate!!!

Breakdown as follows:

$30 for "Unlimited" 5 gig data plan (forced by VZW if you buy the Droid)
$30 additional for "Unlimited" Tethering (but this option includes another 5 gig of data)
$15 addition if you want to use Exchange features

So, thats an additional whopping $75 just be able to have Data, Tether, and use Exchange??!!?!!?

This is why I left VZW. Besides, why do they insist on calling a 5 gig cap "Unlimited". I use almost 4 gigs a month on my Sprint account and I maybe tether one day at most.

Heres the article from PCWorld:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._cost_you.html

Mods: If I have posted this in the wrong section, please forgive me. This is my first news submission. Just let me know, and I will move/delete it.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓