View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay6700 View Post
Ok, i found this information a while back on another forum. You can get 2000 TXT messages from verizon for free, any network. I don't do much texting, but sometimes it can get up there, so i had the unlimited in network, 1500 other network text message plan for $15 a month.

I don't do pix msg or anything fancy like that, just email and the occasional text. Naturally, i didn't want to pay for a service that most of the time i won't use.

Keep in mind, this is a legacy promotion from years back when verizon phones had to recieve a text message to tell them to sync with the server to pull down email. For that reason, 2000 free text messages were given to verizon data customers that wanted to receive email. They won't want to give it to you, most likely, and i doubt the rep will even know what it is.

You must have the $49.99 Unlimited Data Plan to get this service.

So what you do is call verizon, say you want to make changes to the services on your account, and you want to add Feature Code ID 70246 to your service. The first 3 reps i talked to didn't know how to look up by feature code, so you may have to call back a couple times.

My conversation once it was successful:

This is 2000 any network text messages for free. Most of the time, i may use 10 a month, but during special events for work where we're scrambling and on the road a lot, it can get up to 700-800, so this was perfect for me.

Enjoy!
Ummm... that's great but you're posting in the wrong forum.
1) This is a Pocket PC forum, not carrier forum.
2) This is the Titan section of the PPC forum. The Titan hasn't been released on Verizon yet, so chances are that people reading this thread don't have VZ.

Sure, sometimes someone will mention something carrier-related, but its usually something that has to do with the PPC device (quick, free data on your ppc with sero plans, sign up!).

Imagine if everyone in the Titan forum here decided its the place to start ranting about their Sprint experience... the whole forum would be flooded!

Please be more careful where you post next time...