Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM
pctek4456
PPCGeeks Regular

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeythekidd View Post
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else. I did a search but couldn’t find the answers I’m looking for. I want to convert some of my DVD TV shows so I can watch them on my mogul PPC-6800 but I’m not sure what the best format is to use or what the settings should be set to. I tried a couple different ways but its turning out too choppy or doesn’t play at all. I want to use either the Windows Media Player or TCPMP. Witch format is the best to use that one of those are capable of playing? mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, AVI, MP4? For the video what should the settings be set at? Frame size I take it should be 320X240 what about for the bitrate and framerate? And for the audio what should the bitrate and sample rate be set to? I’m not worried about the size of the file I just what it to look nice and run smooth not pixelated or choppy.

TIA!

First Off I would recommend you use TCPMP and make sure you have the video settings set to "Raw Framebuffer" Then you should go into the preferences and find the advanced submenu and make sure the correct a/v offset is set to -400 (Negative 400). Once this is applied, I everything should run fine on the mogul. 240X320 is just fine as this is the native resolution on the mogul. I highly recommend an application called Omniquiti Lathe for converting any video for any mobile device. I think it costs about $7 (this how how much I paid for it) and it will create flawless video on your mogul. Dont forget to get a big enough memory card for all of your videos.