Thread: New Mogul User
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The first programs you should get a hold of are Adobe Flash Lite, Office 2007 (available in the PPCGeeks FTP), and the 33.106 build of Windows Live. Other than that, I have installed Google Maps from mobile.google.com, Inbox Extender (to have a Mark All as Read option), PHM Registry Editor, and the HTC Task Manager 2.0. Those pretty much solve all my application needs.

As for tweaks, well, I'm still working on my "perfect" set, because I have a LOT of them... mostly the Battery tweaks, Glyphcache tweak, and the single-line date tweak. Other than that it's just a bunch of custom tweaks to make hard resetting easier.

Many of us, myself included, have also found that using the 2.16 firmware from HTC along with the Titan Unlocker AND Radio 1.40 ROM patches (available on these forums) greatly improve the experience. Some have been more successful with the 2.09 firmware from HTC and the added custom ROM patches.

It's a lot to take in, I realize (and I'm still pretty new to cell phones in general), but definitely read through the forums a bit and search for the stuff I've posted about. If you get overwhelmed look at your phone and pick one particular aspect you'd like to improve and deal with it before moving on to the next.