View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
mobstaj
Lurker

mobstaj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Returned the hero for a moment

I tried 3 different Hero's and had dust collect under the screens of all 3. Sprint reps tried to tell me it was a cosmetic defect. I think they ended up giving me the Moment for that last Hero to make me finally shut up and go away. I've had a Touch, Touch diamond, and Touch pro, none have ever had that problem before.

Now that I have the Moment I am very happy I was forced to change. This thing is much smoother and zippier than the Hero was. Sometimes I miss the glitz of Sense UI but there are tons of other options on the HTC market for customization. Web browsing is way faster and I don't miss the multitouch at all. It was sickening having to wait for the screen to rotate and then wait again as my fingers typed faster than the keyboard could keep up on the Hero. The display is beautiful but not game changing. I am having some problems with the battery meter not representing actual remaining charge which will hopefully be fixed in a software update sooner rather than later. Android 2.0 would really make this phone worth while.

Another thing I noticed, the Hero does GPS much better as of now. I guess somehow HTC was able to get aGPS working on android 1.5. Once the Moment is upgraded to 1.6 or 2.0 the fixes should be instantaneous. My fixes have been instant outside but inside takes a while for accuracy.