View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
mozot
Lurker

mozot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Returned the hero for a moment

On sunday I returned my hero and picked up a moment.

I decided to do it primarily based on the faster hardware and coming from the touch pro, I missed my hardware keyboard.

The hero seemed to run a little bit slow, and i had difficulties with getting movies to play on it and overall laggyness (which i think is from the very pretty sense ui).

In the end i went into sprint with my sd card and put it in the moment and all my movies that i had converted and could not play nicely on my hero, played perfect on the moment.

I do miss the sense ui a bit, it looks much nicer than the default droid look of the moment but it also failed at 2 large things i believe to be important with a custom ui like that. That is that it seems to lag the device a little bit and second under no circumstances do i ever need 2/3 of the bottom of my screen taken up by a "phone" soft button when there is a hard button 1/4" away.

One disappointment is the compass in the moment, it either does not work nearly as well as the hero or is not present.

That all being say, i am happy with the moment... i guess, its not perfect, its larger, and experience tells me that slide out keyboards lead to clunkyness over time.