View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Maverick_TN
N00b
Threadstarter

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
Re: [REQUEST] Law Enforcement Field Database Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
Do you do HanDBase? There are a few there and one that I wrote and was able to post as a preliminary paid project - http://www.ddhsoftware.com/gallery.h...=/gallery.html is the link to the applet.

Description from the site:

Police was written using HanDBase version 3. This is the preliminary version of a paid project. Its purpose is to facilitate "on the go" documentation and is structured as a "starter" tracking system, allowing the user to add/delete "child" databases and fields as needed. The "calculated," "linked", "relationship," and "database popup" (DB popup) field types are used throughout the application. There are eleven databases.

Police was written using HanDBase version 3. This is the preliminary version of a paid project. Its purpose is to facilitate "on the go" documentation and is structured as a "starter" tracking system, allowing the user to add/delete "child" databases and fields as needed. The "calculated," "linked", "relationship," and "database popup" (DB popup) field types are used throughout the application. There are eleven databases. The primary database is "Police." It is used as a launching point to the "child" databases. The relationship used is "date." The relationship field type is used to enter/view information related to BOLOs, citations, contacts, field interviews, notes, service calls, subpoenas, time worked, to do, and vehicle unit. The "linked" field type is used to edit the "child" databases. The "child" databases use "time created" as their primary relationship with the "PoliceNotes" "child" database.
I haven't heard of HandBase before, this doesn't seem too bad... I would Just would like to see some screenshots or a video of the addon being used before I went out and bought HanDBase. It has a nice little list of available information that it stores. It doesn't say anything about being able to store images either, we deal with so many people who give you a line like "Nah, I was just coming from a friends house from watching a ball game and was going home." when you ask them if they have any identification. You run into several that you have encountered at one time or another but you can't always remember their names. Photo's are usefull if they give you false information because they know someone is looking for them.

Also, all of that tracking information like call length etc. isn't something that is needed, this DB addon is a bit overspread in relation to Police Pro etc.., one thing that does catch my eye however is a option for a child database, we have lots of runaways that show up in this area, would be nice to have a seperate tab or menu for Amber alerts, Missing children, etc..