View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Maverick_TN
N00b
Threadstarter

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
Re: [REQUEST] Law Enforcement Field Database Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Interesting concept, but something you need to look at is whether you're compling a criminal justice database or criminal intelligence database. There are Federal regualtions which dictate how each type of database can be used, collected, and stored. Then, of course, you have the issue of how you're going to deal with discovery requests from defense counsel.

Law enforcement technology has certainly come along way since I started in 1988, so too have the attendant issues. I encourage you to seek out ways to leverage technology to make the job easier/safer/more effective, but you need to be aware of the hurdles that come with it.
Yeah, I hear ya. The purpose for this is mostly for reference information so that we can look back be reminded of past encounters so that we can be aware of safety precautions, possible outstanding wants/warrants (not based off of this alone of course, but as something to look into further if this subject is encountered again), vehicles this subject has been seen in (so if we visually identify this subject in this vehicle and we confirm a warrant then we can act on it.). Just stuff like that, as far as discovery goes, any information directly related to a case is always put into a case file with a copy of the warrant, report, photographs etc.. This program wouldn't be used to replace field notes for any event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfgod View Post
I have an idea your talking about Jackson and there crocked cops(I'm from there). Huntington is a pretty small town and not to nice..lol(I hated tennessee when I lived there)(too much dope).

Your best bet would be to pick up a cheap PocketPC from ebay. You can prolly pick one up just for doing this for maybe under 100$(file it as a work expense)and you would be good to go.

Hope you get what you need man and good luck.

~Nerd
Yeah, its Jackson.

Yes, there is a lot of dope around here, its sad just how much too. We have a lot of traffic from Jackson, Memphis, Brownsville, etc.. that manage to drift up here and bring trouble with them.

We do what we can to keep the noise to a minimum, but we know that we aren't winning the war. We just don't have the tools at our disposal to make an impact like the public wants us to. We have done a fairly good job of pushing most of the drug activity out of the public eye, but there is a lot of activity going on daily that we are currently unable to do anything about except when someone slips up.

I'd hate to go out and buy a antiquated device to use that program, but I suppose that is always an option to consider. I just got my new TP2 and I'm trying to find better and bigger uses for it

Thanks for everyone's input. I've been dealing with a family emergency for the past few days and have been out of pocket, just managed to get the HSPL release and flash my TP2 on the day of the release and now i'm using Energy Rom which i'm pretty happy with so far.

Last edited by Maverick_TN; 11-04-2009 at 12:23 PM.