View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 AM
pistol44
PPCGeeks Regular

pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any fix for restoring sms from after flashing??

Hello everyone,

Having a problem since flashing from stock WM 6.1 rom over to a 6.5 Rom like Mighty Rom.

Can't seem to restore my old sms text messages properly. Tried PIM Backup, SPB backup and Microsoft Myphone with no luck.

I mean they do actually restore the messages except they are scrambled and not in order by the correct date and time. This means when I go to view a threaded convo or use the manila "reply" option the previous text conversation is there but not in the order in which it was originally. This is unfortunately not much help.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue with flashing from 6.1 to 6.5 or not but if anyone knows a way to successfully do this it would be very appreciated.
I found a supposed fix but it didnt really fix it. Someone suggested restore the sms, turn off threaded sms, soft reset, turn it back on and soft reset again. That did resolve placing them in order when I click on "all messages" and in the text message inbox and threaded convo they are all in order.

My problem now lies in the manila sms threading. As in when you scroll to the sms tab, flick through messages and click on the screen and it takes you to a threaded convo showing you a small pic of that person and gives you the little text box on the bottom of the screen to enter a reply and you press "send" on the screen.

Anyway on that screen all previous messages are still scrambled. If anyone knows a full fix please share!! Thanks!!