View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:11 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2jpark View Post
Mine also worked for a short time then it started to freeze again. The funny thing is that my wifes phone (touch pro), all stock never had problems and now she has exactly the same issue as me (Energy ROM). She never adds/deletes files or does anything more than check e-mail and use the phone and she never uses Quick GPS.
QuicKGPS is on by default if you ActiveSync it with usb cable (it may even run if you use ActiveSync OTA) or if you use some apps like Sprint NAV. It also has an option to Sync on a Cellular connection but it's too dumb to make a connection and that option is off by default. You should just all options off and follow the instructions in the previous posts to patch it up again.

You need to Kill the Service to Stop it completely (Probably only needed for folks using Sprint NAV).

Mine is still working but I did not do a Second QuickGPS update today since folks said it's broken again.

I'm sure they will eventually fix it.

Getting a new phone is nonsense. You'll have the problem again if you don't know how to use it.

Last edited by mswlogo; 11-03-2009 at 07:16 PM.