View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Deggree
N00b

Deggree is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Deggree
Exclamation What's with the A/V on Sprint TP2???

Okay so let me just start by saying I love my Sprint TP2 and I love PPCGeeks.com really that's from the bottom you know the deep down in there. I'd also like to throw in that I'm very aware of the thread on the TP2's lack of up to date drivers and video playback setbacks as some have called or described. HOWEVER I have NOT seen anyone at least thus far make specific mention of the particular issue that I'm having. When I record video using my device the audio never syncs up correctly. It's actually horrible about 2 seconds behind. Now I'm a researcher, it's something I actually enjoy it's the hunt you could say for the info like a hungry wolf on the scent of a furry little bunny rabbit. And I troubleshoot ALOT it's the best way for me to learn. But on this one I am truely stumped. A little history on my experience go's as such.

1: The day I got the device brand new out the box I had this problem stock rom 1gig sd card in with nothing on it.

2: Hard reset instantly after the experience just to be sure. Phone reboots try again still no luck audio's behind about 1 to 1.5 sec's

3. Installed At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver (Hooray I'm saved) soft reset still same results (tried both storage card and main memory)

4. Then I thought maybe it's my card so I upgraded to 16gig put the brand new card in with nothing on it, recored a video same thing audio lag

.....At this point I'm think'in is it just MY device? Lord please don't let me have a defective $500.00 piece of hardware. My heart can't take it. Meanwhile the release of the HSPL is on the horizon and people are already announcing custom roms so I figure I'll just wait till I flash a rom. I figure whatever cab, setting, or file I don't know about is sure to be in SOMEONE'S custom rom. Fast foward.....

5. HSPL comes out, I flash 3 different Rhodium CDMA rom's Mighty Mikes, Juicy's, and the Leo Energy ROM stable build the one recomended can't think of the build number right now but (Which I'm currently running with the D3D driver installed on the device memory) same result with all 3. Although with my current setup lag has been decreased by about half a second (or I could just be reaching mentally) it's still a noticable 1sec. delay in the audio.

So my question is A. Is there ANYONE who is also having this problem? (If you don't know, NOW would be the time to shoot some video and see lol)

B. Is there ANY performace cab. fix or method that anyone knows of that may help/resolve the issue?

C. Is this limited to the cdma or sprint version of this device?

1 last thing I've also opened the video files in other media playback apps such as Kinoma TCMP and Coreplayer which I'm currently using all with the same result about a 1 second delay in the audio.

Any help of ANY kind would be LIFE altering at this point! if the issue cannot be resolved I at least need some closure Thanks to any and all of you in advance. -3rd-