Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 AM
the_mog
Lurker

the_mog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activating other CDMA phones on MTS

Hello all,

First post on the forum - just spent the last 2 hours searching / reading here however cannot find a conclusive answer to a problem I'm having.

I recently (this past weekend) lost my HTC Diamond that was bought and activated from MTS Mobility. There's a local fellow who sells Bell Mobility and Cellular South Diamond's for a much reduced price however I have 2 questions before I make the jump:

1) By flashing a stock MTS ROM to these phones, will that in essence make the phone a 'stock' MTS device? (ie. reset the phone to basically what I had before I lost my original phone minus all the data of course)

2) Do I need an MTS carrier cab? And where can I get the file since I don't see it anywhere on here if I do? From reading various posts, I've concluded that MTS will not activate anyone else's phones unless you can get the phone as close to stock as one bought from them as possible.

My ultimate intention is to buy one of these cheaper diamonds, flash it to stock MTS and then (hopefully) have them activate it on their network with full voice/text/data capabilities. I've heard that you need to have the espt, PRL, etc. all set to MTS's settings otherwise they'll flatly refuse to activate it. Will that stock ROM do this or does it simply replace one carrier's ROM with another leaving all the other settings untouched?

Anyone that's familiar with activating other carriers phones on MTS please let me know. I want to get back up and running with another phone but I find it horrifying that I'd have to pay 600 bucks for a new Diamond from MTS to do so (especially when I'm not even a year into my contract yet).

Thanks much!

Mog