View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
stormygal_indy
PPCGeeks Regular

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Try killing QuickGPS service. I use memmaid and just set it to manual and reboot. Good catch ! Hope sprintnav is using the service which is easy to disable.

If that does not work you can munge the registry so it won't find the gpsone servers. And if that does not work you are SOOL.
OK, been further putting this through its paces to see if we can narrow down the specifics around when the xtra.bin works for some people and when it doesn't.

I can confirm that I've been in and out of Bing, GoogleMaps and GPS Weather Radar all morning and early afternoon multiple times successfully with the xtra.bin files I put in place Sunday night. The xtra.bin file still holds the 11/1 date and 36.4 file size from when I placed them there on Sunday.

Just now to test, I launched the updated version of the Sprint Nav from the shipped ROM, had it pull current location but noticed when it was saying Getting GPS the percentage never moved before showing me a map. I had it give me a route to somewhere and cancelled, then exited. THEN I noticed GPS signal problems in all of the apps that were successful earlier, and an xtra.bin file with 11/2 date and 36.3 size now appears in both locations. Reboot doesn't make any difference, GPS won't lock signal in GoogleMaps, GPS Weather Radar or Bing then.

Replaced the xtra.bin files with the 11/1 36.4 file, soft reset and those apps lock signal again.

So to anyone still having GPS troubles, uncheck all the boxes in the QuickGPS settings and give the xtra.bin replacement a shot (be sure to put the date-corrected file in both \Windows and \Temp (device, not Windows\Temp). And if you still experience trouble, report what programs you're using to test the GPS with. I've attached the date-changed 11/1 file I've been using if anyone wants to use it.

Are there any other factors that could contribute to who has issues and who doesn't? Could date of manufacture play into it at all?
Attached Files
File Type: zip xtrabin110109.zip (32.4 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.